Relive Antoine d’Abbadie’s voyages in his own home which was built at the end of the 19th century by Eugène Viollet le Duc.
Following the last speech by the French President of the Republic, the health pass (with your ID card) is mandatory to visit Abbadia, like all French cultural sites, from July 21th.
This provision applies to all adults.
The Castle observatory Abbadia is a site beyond your imagination !
Overhanging the sheer clives of Hendaye in the middle of a moor, he was built between 1864 and 1884 by Viollet le Duc for Antoine d'Abbadie who was ethnologist, geographer and scientist.
Abbadia is open all year long, except from January 11th to 26th of 2021.
Closed on May 1st, December 25th and 31st.
"Tourism & Handicap" certified.
Guided tours are in french, but you can also discover the castle with a leaflet in English.
COVID-19 : in the current health context, the visit is carried out in accordance with specific measures.
- It is compulsory to wear a mask from the age of 11.
- The access to the stage is reduced.
- The number of visitors is limited to 19 people (30 before the pandemic).
- If you wish to visit freely, do not forget to charge your mobile phone : after your arrival at Abbadia, you will be given a link to download an electronic document so that you can follow the visit. No leaflet is available.
- In this context, thematic visits may not be available.
Please ask first.
- This summer, for the events, only the scientific workshops for children are maintained. The number of places is reduced from 15 to 8.
Schedules - Rates
See the 2021 leaflet
Book your tickets