- Hendaye Tourisme
- THINGS TO DO
- A family-friendly destination
Thanks to its bay, which is protected from the strong swell, and its wide range of activities and entertainment during the school holidays, Hendaye is the perfect place to enjoy a great family holiday in the Basque country.
- 3 kilometres of fine sandy beaches, with a low bank: one of the safest in Aquitaine !
- The perfect place to try your hand at water sports activities: the waves are there to be enjoyed, so come on in and don't be scared.
- ID bracelets for the beach to ensure that your kids can have fun safely (provided free of charge by the tourist office).
- Special areas along the beach and the bay for pedestrians, rollerbladers and cyclists, enabling you to get around safely.
- Beach behaviour guides: "Little rascals on holiday in Hendaye"
- Craft workshops, beginners’ sports classes, clowns and puppet shows every day during the spring and autumn holidays: Children's Weeks
- Not forgetting a unique "Family holidays" event programme all summer long!!
EVENTS 2017 : zumba on the beach on Mondays, sand castle competitions on Wednesdays, yoga on Fridays...
View the programme
Guaranteed fun and entertainment in the school holidays!
For a great family holiday in the Basque country with your kids, don't hesitate. Hendaye is the ideal destination!
- In the spring and the All Saints Day holidays: free activities every day with the "children's weeks".
- From July 10-12, "Hendaye fête l'été" (Hendaye Celebrates Summer): circus, street theatre, dance, night parade.
- Each week in the summer: musical parade, musicians, magicians and much more.
- Scientific and calligraphy workshops at the Château Observatoire Abbadia.
- Pony cycle ride-on from avril 1st to august 31st, 2017.
- Not forgetting the crazy golf, the beach clubs and the merry-go-round, etc.
And all year round:
View our event programme to find the perfect activities and attractions for the whole family.
Finally, to help parents and children prepare for their holidays, at the Hendaye tourist office you’ll find a list of baby-sitters and details about the 17 accommodation providers proposing a "baby kit" (high chair, bottle warmer and cot, etc.).
Whether you're looking for a hotel, a campsite, a holiday complex, a B&B or an apartment, Hendaye's accommodation solutions will help you get the most from your stay in the Basque country.
Hendaye: the perfect town for family holidays and for tourism in the Basque country.